BUSHKILL TWP., Pa. - River Road, which goes through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, will be closing August 18 for repairs.
The repairs are being done as part of the Pavement Improvement Project that started in the park in May.
"River Road is going to receive some much-needed repairs that will provide everyone who travels on the road with a safer and more enjoyable experience," said Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Superintendent John J. Donahue in a statement Friday.
On August 18, River Road will be closed from park headquarters to Smithfield Beach, which will then be accessible from the south.
After those repairs are competed, River Road will close from Smithfield Beach to the park's southern boundary. Smithfield Beach will be accessible from the north during this time period.
These initial repairs should take two weeks.
Picking up open to two weeks later, more repairs, including chip-sealing and stripping, will be completed on the same schedule as above.
The road will be open on weekends, beginning Friday evening and extending through Monday morning.
The project should be completed by mid-September.
An event with plenty of heart raised money for the American Heart Association Saturday night.Read More »
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association