WILLIAMS TWP., Pa. - A road that was closed in the wake of a landfill spill won't reopen before the end of the year, officials said Tuesday.
The spill happened in March at the Chrin Brothers Sanitary Landfill in Williams Twp., Northampton Co.
A landslide of trash damaged some pipes and methane wells before landing near Industrial Drive, officials said. That road has been closed since the spill happened, and officials said it will remain closed until Dec. 31.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River