WILLIAMS TWP., Pa. - It may be awhile before a road that was closed by a trash slide at a Northampton County landfill reopens to drivers.
The slide happened nearly two months ago at the Chrin Brothers Landfill in Williams Township. Industrial Boulevard has been closed in the area ever since.
Cleanup continues at the site. Spokeswoman Colleen Connolly said the Department of Environmental Protection is advising the township to keep the road closed for now because there is still potential for another trash slide.
"Because it happened before, and we can't figure out what caused it to slide, the potential is still there for mud and garbage to slide onto that roadway," said Connolly.
The final decision to open the road will be made by Williams Township.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day