BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs a blood transfusion. That's why Miller Keystone Blood Center says it needs blood donations.
The center says donations are slow right now because school is out and people are on vacation, so they can't hold the usual blood drives and don't get as many frequent donors.
"As you can see our donor room is kind of empty and unfortunately that's kind of been the theme all summer. We really really need your donations because there are a lot of sick people out there and we need your blood," said Angel Gneiting, the assistant director for donor collections at MKBC, as she looked around a nearly empty donor room.
It can take less than 10 minutes to donate blood. To find a blood drive or donation location, go to the Miller Keystone Blood Center website.
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading