ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A roof collapse in the 300 block of E. Walnut Street in Allentown forced Allentown firefighters to turn of the gas there Tuesday.
According to UGI, a porch roof fell on Walnut Street and hit a gas meter, causing damage to the meter and the regulator.
The fire department secured the meter and shut off the gas when they arrived on scene, according to Captain Christopher of the Allentown Fire Department. They then notified UGI.
UGI says there were no injuries or evacuations.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River