Lehigh Valley

Roof collapse causes gas leak scare in Allentown

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A roof collapse in the 300 block of E. Walnut Street in Allentown forced Allentown firefighters to turn of the gas there Tuesday.

According to UGI, a porch roof fell on Walnut Street and hit a gas meter, causing damage to the meter and the regulator.

The fire department secured the meter and shut off the gas when they arrived on scene, according to Captain Christopher of the Allentown Fire Department. They then notified UGI.

UGI says there were no injuries or evacuations.

Due to our site relaunch on October 25, previous comments on existing stories are no longer available.  This change is due to the limitations of Facebook's software 

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102





  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom