ROSETO, Pa. - A Northampton County man is facing charges after police say he had a stolen handgun.
Roseto police received a report on Monday of a stolen Springfield Armory 199-A1 that was stolen from Michael Stinson of the 700 block of Garibaldi Avenue in Roseto.
Stinson told police that he'd been in contact with William Albert Sacks who said he had thte gun and wanted to return it to him.
Police said 36-year-old Sacks told Stinson he was on his way to Roseto to return the weapon.
As he got to Stinson's house, Sacks was arrested by Roseto police around 7 p.m. Monday.
Sacks told police the gun was in the trunk of the vehicle. Police also found two loaded magazines in a belt holder in the front seat.
He was charged with receiving stolen property.
Sacks resides in the first block of Webster Street in Roseto.
He was arraigned Monday night.
Bail was set at $10,000 cash.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Aug. 18.
- Updated State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Fishing event makes dreams come true