BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Sal Ritz, a longtime musician who has been part of both Musikfest and the Freddy Awards, has died.
Ritz, of the Sal Ritz Band, died Monday night after performing at Musikfest in Bethlehem
"Over the years, this talented musician has delighted so many people at Musikfest and at SteelStacks," ArtsQuest said in a post on Facebook. "In fact, Sal's passion for music and for our community made him one of the favorites at the festival."
Ritz, a former director at Saucon Valley High School, also served as a music production assistant for the Freddy Awards.
"Sal played an integral part inf several high school musical performances over many years and was also known as a staple of the Lehigh Valley music scene," the Freddy Awards posted on its Facebook page.
Ritz and his fellow band members have been playing professionally in the Lehigh Valley for nearly 50 years, including several appearances on 69 News at Sunrise.
- Updated Goodbye nor'easter and hello sunshine, but blustery, chilly weather continues
- Allentown Police Chief Glen Dorney is retiring
- Updated Snowfall totals from the 69 News viewing area
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Actor promotes awareness about mental health
- Love it or hate it, Reading folks dealing with snow
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts
- Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election