BETHLEHEM, Pa. - The Las Vegas Sands says it plans to appoint former Atlantic City casino executive Mark Juliano as the new president of its Sands Bethlehem property.
Officials with the company made the announcement while swatting down rumors that they planned to sell the Bethlehem casino. They said they want to make further investment in the property.
Juliano previously served as CEO for Trump Entertainment in Atlantic City and has been serving as senior vice president of the Marina Bay Sands resort in Singapore.
Sands officials say they are proud of the Bethlehem casino, which is a small player compared with the company's wildly successful properties in the Chinese gambling enclave of Macau.
First-quarter net revenues for the Bethlehem casino fell about 5 percent year-over-year to $117 million.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley