ALLENTOWN, Pa. - An Allentown strip club that's been in the headlines since the start of this year will be closing for good.
The building owner of Scoobie's Gentlemen's Club said he's not renewing the lease when it expires August.
A fire at the club Wednesday morning was ruled arson. The damage is forcing the club to close for good.
Owners had already voluntarily closed the club.
"If I take it back, I will turn it into a sports bar," said Jimmy Rose, owner. "I will contact the governor's office about getting a redevelopment liquor license."
Some members of the community were also campaigning to have the club closed after the shooting death of Tyree Wimberly outside the place in January.
They said, while they're happy the club is closing, it's not the way they wanted to see it go.
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Updated Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Updated Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump