ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Veterans were honored Monday afternoon at a ceremony at Cedar Hill Memorial Park in Allentown.
A number of dignitaries were on hand for the event and U.S. Senator Pat Toomey served as the guest speaker.
Toomey said Pennsylvania is the birthplace and final resting place of many heroes, from the battles of Valley Forge and Gettysburg to the brave passengers of Flight 93.
"Pennsylvania has produced some of the greatest examples of courage and fortitude and heroism in the history of mankind. Our country and the world are safer and more free because of those Pennsylvanians," Toomey said.
Toomey said we also need to celebrate the men and women who are currently fighting to defend our freedoms.
- Updated President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business