BETHLEHEM, Pa. - After being diagnosed with lung cancer in 2007, Bruce Smith underwent treatment at the Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg Infusion center.
Now cancer free, the 68-year-old Palmer Township resident organized "Pathway to Santa" eight years ago as a way to give back to the hospital and the patients it treats.
This year's event included performances from the Emmaus and Parkland high schools choruses, musical performances by Wilson Area High School and the Lehigh Valley Brass Ensemble and appearances from more than 15 mascots from the Lehigh Valley.
Since beginning the initiative, Smith has also raised more than $260,000 in gift cards for cancer patients. This marks the last year Smith will lead the event.
The sun seems to have helped melt a lot of the snow here in Easton Thursday but it still made for a lot of work in the morning.Read More »
- Police chief switches from Allentown to South Whitehall Twp.
- Police allege Bethlehem man holds woman in apartment for a day
- Allentown season swim passes on sale in April
- Bethlehem Easter egg hunt rescheduled
- Palmerton man killed in crash in Washington Township
- Fire damages house in Coopersburg
- Updated 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Updated Band of thieves sought in theft from Victoria's Secret store
- Updated Police chief switches from Allentown to South Whitehall Twp.
- Updated Residents spotted digging out from fourth winter storm
- Updated Health Beat: Lisfranc injury is not always career-ending now
- Wolf taps 36-year state police vet to be acting commissioner
- Positive Parenting: Robot dog teaches right from wrong
- Arts Around Town: Houston-area blues scene focus of 'Blast Furnace Blues Festival'
- Standoff in New Jersey leaves former Bucks County man dead
- Toys R Us founder dies