NORTH CATASAUQUA, Pa. - A Northampton County neighborhood is weighing its options after an unexpected hole opened up Wednesday morning.
A large sinkhole opened up in the 1100 block of North Second Street in North Catasauqua.
While crews work on the sinkhole, North Second Street is closed between Arch and Buttonwood streets.
A 69 News crew at the scene said one family in the twin home in front of the sinkhole has been evacuated.
One homeowner lost a car to the sinkhole.
Fire officials said it's not clear what caused the sinkhole, but it does not appear that there was a water main break.
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery