ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A group of Allentown residents is seeking to have a clean air ordinance added to the ballot.
Allentown Residents for Clean Air (ARCA) has filed a motion with the Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas to bring their Allentown Clean Air Ordinance to the voters.
The ordinance would "require any company building a new incinerator in the city to continuously monitor about 20 air pollutants, release the emissions data to a website real-time, and to cap emissions for four of those pollutants," ARCA said in a statement.
ARCA is taking specific aim at Delta Thermo Energy, a waste-to-energy plant that already has approval from the Department of Environmental Protection for its plan to build in Allentown.
Basilio Bonilla Jr. is getting his campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner underway.Read More »
- Mini-THON held at Allentown charter school
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies