BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Bethlehem's south side arts scene is hoping to see some green later this year.
ArtsQuest is a finalist for a 2014 grant from "ArtPlace America" -- a collaboration of foundations and banks that offers financial assistance for art programs.
ArtsQuest is asking for $300,000 to aid in the emergence of the SouthSide Arts District.
The money would help pay for, among other things, an urban arts festival and artist residencies in schools.
"We continue to be very excited about the transformation of the south side as a really dynamic area, and we see this bursting at the seams over the next three to five years," said Jeff Parks.
Grant winners will be announced in June.
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery