SALISBURY TWP., Pa. - A shopping mall in Lehigh County is getting new owners.
The South Mall, located at 3300 Lehigh Street in Salisbury Twp., is being sold by its current owners, Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT), which owns 18 malls in Pennsylvania.
According to PREIT's first quarter report, the company has received a $1 million non-refundable deposit for the sale of South Mall.
There's no word on who the next owner will be or the purchase price.
The South Mall started in the early 1970s originally the location for Hess's South.
PREIT says the transaction is expected to close in 2014.
PREIT, based in Philadelphia, also owns malls in Alabama, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
- LIVE Trump attends G-7 summit: What to watch
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Passing showers but more seasonable today
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC