HARRISBURG, Pa. - A special election will be held later this year to fill the seat of a former Pennsylvania House representative from our area.
The announcement was made Monday afternoon by state House Speaker Mike Turzai.
The election will be held on Tuesday, December 5th.
Candidates will be vying for the seat of Daniel McNeil, who represented Lehigh County from 2013-17 in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
The Democrat died on September 8th from natural causes.
He was known for his effort to fight the state's opioid crisis.
- Updated Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Updated History's Headlines: Man of Steel
- Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- Exeter Township police unveil new traffic enforcement unit
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- Federal prosecutor previews trial of Mayor Ed Pawlowski
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- East Greenville tables discussion of disbanding police department
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project