HARRISBURG, Pa. - A special election will be held later this year to fill the seat of a former Pennsylvania House representative from our area.
The announcement was made Monday afternoon by state House Speaker Mike Turzai.
The election will be held on Tuesday, December 5th.
Candidates will be vying for the seat of Daniel McNeil, who represented Lehigh County from 2013-17 in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
The Democrat died on September 8th from natural causes.
He was known for his effort to fight the state's opioid crisis.
- Updated Goodbye nor'easter, but blustery, chilly weather continues
- Allentown Police Chief Glen Dorney is retiring
- Updated Snowfall totals from the 69 News viewing area
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated Actor promotes awareness about mental health
- Love it or hate it, Reading folks dealing with snow
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts
- Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election