It may be December, but another Election Day is right around the corner if you live in a certain part of the Lehigh Valley.
On Tuesday voters will pick a replacement for the late State Representative Dan McNeill.
The 133rd district includes portions of Bethlehem, Fountain Hill, a portion of Salisbury Township, Whitehall Township, Catasauqua, and Coplay.
County workers say they anticipate a fraction of the 38,023 registered voters to cast a ballot.
There’s only one question on the ballot: who will replace State Representative Dan McNeill, who died in September at the age of 70.
There are three people vying for the seat: Democrat Jeanne McNeill, the widow of Dan McNeil; Republican David Molony; and Libertarian Samantha Dorney.
Workers at the Lehigh County board of elections say preparing for a special election presents challenges.
“People taking another day off of work to work in the polling places instead of their normal employment,” says chief clerk of the Lehigh County election board, Tim Benyo.
There’s also making sure each polling place is available to be open to the public.
One change will take place in Whitehall.
“I believe they are making perogies in the church that day and we didn’t want to interfere with the perogies,” added Benyo.
There will be fewer workers and fewer voting machines, but everyone is ready for people to vote, although special election turnout tends to be low.
”They don’t happen that often, so it really depends on the race. If it is contested or not, it would bring more people out,” said Benyo.
Each polling place will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. 69 News placed the polling locations and changes as documents in this article.
The sun seems to have helped melt a lot of the snow here in Easton Thursday but it still made for a lot of work in the morning.Read More »
- Police chief switches from Allentown to South Whitehall Twp.
- Police allege Bethlehem man holds woman in apartment for a day
- Allentown season swim passes on sale in April
- Bethlehem Easter egg hunt rescheduled
- Palmerton man killed in crash in Washington Township
- Fire damages house in Coopersburg
- Updated 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Updated Band of thieves sought in theft from Victoria's Secret store
- Updated Police chief switches from Allentown to South Whitehall Twp.
- Updated Residents spotted digging out from fourth winter storm
- Updated Health Beat: Lisfranc injury is not always career-ending now
- Wolf taps 36-year state police vet to be acting commissioner
- Positive Parenting: Robot dog teaches right from wrong
- Arts Around Town: Houston-area blues scene focus of 'Blast Furnace Blues Festival'
- Standoff in New Jersey leaves former Bucks County man dead
- Toys R Us founder dies