FOUNTAIN HILL, Pa. - St. Luke's University Hospital is celebrating a major milestone.
Thursday was the 140th anniversary of the day the first patient was admitted to St. Luke's.
The original charter established the hospital in March of 1872, and it started treating patients seven months later.
Hospital officials said 47 patients were treated in that opening year.
St. Luke's now operates six hospitals and offers services at more than 150 sites across the region.
The Colonial West leading Southern Lehigh baseball team completed a rally Friday night at Limeport Stadium, downing Palisades 7-6 on a walk-off suicide squeeze by Timmy Walter in the bottom of the 7th.Read More »
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- IronPigs series opener at Toledo postponed
- Synchronoss stocks dip and dive after executive shakeup
- Updated Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Updated Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Updated Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Updated Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Updated Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU