SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A 32-year-old Allentown woman has been arrested for stealing more than $2,300 worth of merchandise from the Target department store in South Whitehall Township.
Stacy Mack has been charged with two counts of retail theft by township police for her involvement in taking merchandise valued at $2,332 from the store.
They took headphones, GPS units, speakers, a DVD player, plus clothing, toothpaste and deodorant.
Mack lives in the 500 block of S. Muhlenberg Street in Allentown.
The crimes occurred on April 14, 18 and 23 in the store at 1600 Cedar Crest Blvd. in the township, according to police.
They said Mack conspired with Christopher Lee Haller, her boyfriend, in the thefts.
They entered the store together, selected merchandise, put it into a shopping cart and rolled the cart out of the store without paying.
Haller selected the merchandise and Mack pushed the shopping cart past the checkouts and out the door, where they loaded into a friend's car and drove away.
Mack, already in Lehigh County Prison on a probation violation, was charged Tuesday. Her bail on the new charges was set at $15,000.
Haller also has been charged in the case, but is not in jail. He is awaiting a preliminary hearing.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Updated Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley