NEWARK, N.J. - A man accused of holding a woman captive inside a Bethlehem home for weeks will soon be heading back to Pennsylvania.
A judge in Essex Co., N.J., approved extradition for Steven Kitchell on Thursday. He was arrested there late last month.
Kitchell, police said, held a woman inside a home on Montclair Avenue in Bethlehem from late May until mid-June.
The woman said she was beaten and raped and shot with a BB gun, according to court documents.
The woman was able to escape when Kitchell left the home, police said.
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Updated Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump