BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A man who was arrested in New Jersey and charged with holding a woman captive in Bethlehem is back in Pennsylvania.
Steven Kitchell was extradited and arraigned Thursday, and he is being held on $2.5 million bail.
Police said he held a woman against her will inside a home on Montclair Avenue for several weeks starting in late May.
Officials said the victim was raped, beaten and shot with a BB gun.
Police said she was able to escape when a set of keys was left behind.
Kitchell is charged with kidnapping for ransom, simple assault, false imprisonment, rape, sexual assault and indecent assault.
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River