ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A ride in a stolen car ended in Allentown when it plowed into a utility pole, police said.
The car crashed into the utility pole late Saturday afternoon at 11th and Early streets.
The impact caused the pole to topple onto the car.
Police said before they got to the scene, witnesses reported seeing two women who were inside the car run away.
Police said the car had been reported stolen from an address in Allentown.
Authorities said a Slatington fire truck was involved in the wreck.Read More »
- PPL deploying smarter technology
- Study: Tourism generates $2 billion annually in the Lehigh Valley
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Emmaus boy's volleyball wins 2nd major championship this season
- Parkland and ACCHS boys secure District 11 gold
- Indianapolis avoids sweep at IronPigs
- Updated One man killed in fatal Cherryville Road crash in Allen Twp.
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated PPL deploying smarter technology
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Strawberries are ripe for picking in Northampton County
- Life Lessons: Dining with strangers