LOWER SAUCON TWP., Pa. - One year after its sister location shut down, workers at Starters Pub in Lower Saucon Township say the sports bar is going out of business after Sunday.
The Lower Saucon Township pub has been in the Lehigh Valley for the last 14 years, but its doors will shut for good after service Sunday night.
Workers say they were told over the last few days, but were given no explanation for the sudden closure.
Starters Riverport ceased operations last February.
The Starters Pub on Route 378 was in the news in August of last year when a woman, Amanda Hein, went into the establishment's bathroom, delivered a baby boy, and then allegedly stuffed the baby's body into a toilet.
A cleaning crew found the body the next day.
One Starters location remains in operation at the Bethlehem Golf Club.
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Updated April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program