A suspected member of the Bloods street gang is facing charges after police said he arranged a drug deal with a man who was shot to death later that night.
Darnell Turner had arranged to buy marijuana from Ian Juma in Bethlehem late last month, police said.
Juma was found shot in the 700 block of 8th Street. He later died at the hospital.
Police said they found a large amount of marijuana in a duffel bag at the scene, along with a text message conversation that indicated that Turner had arranged to buy drugs from Juma.
Turner is charged with criminal attempt to purchase a controlled substance and other charges.
So far, no arrests have been made in the homicide.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Crash in Penn Twp. closes Rt. 183 in both directions
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose