UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - A fight over frozen chicken strips turned violent, and a Lehigh County teen is facing charges.
Zachary Suppan, 18, of Upper Macungie Township, became enraged when his older brother, Joshua Suppan, 20, put the frozen chicken strips back into the freezer.
The incident happened around 6 p.m. Monday at the family's home in the 5900 block of Derick Drive.
Zachary's parents, Maureen and Scott Suppan, told police that Zachary then began throwing things around the kitchen.
He went to his bedroom, where his parents told him to leave the house, but he refused, and that's when police said the situation turned violent.
Zachary pushed his mother, and his brother jumped in to help her when Zachary attacked him, police said.
Zachary was arrested and charged with domestic violence-related simple assault, harassment and defiant trespass.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored