HANOVER TWP., Pa. - Bethlehem's Hazardous Device unit-- better known as "the bomb sqaud" -- has just cleared the scene following a call for what appear to be three old sticks of dynamite.
Three sticks labeled as TNT and wrapped together were found in an old sewing machine in the 4400 block of Virginia Drive in Hanover Twp., Northampton County, Colonial Regional Police Chief Roy Seiple.
Homes in the area, about 6-7, were evacuated as a precaution, Seiple said.
Fire and emergency service crews were called to the 4400 block of Virginia Drive around 8:00pm Wednesday.
Those crews have contacted Bethlehem's bomb squad, Chief Seiple said.
Stay with 69 News for more on this developing story.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe