NORTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A 40-year-old Lehigh County man has been charged with rape in sexual assaults that continued for two years.
Timothy Michael Merwarth of North Whitehall voluntarily turned himself in to state police in Bethlehem.
In addition to rape, Merwarth has been charged with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, sexual assault, sexual abuse of children, endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors, obscene and other sexual materials and performances, terroristic threats and indecent assault.
Police said the assaults took place at an address in the 3700 block of Route 309 in Orefield and at Patio Court Motel along Route 309 in Richland Township, Bucks County.
Merwarth is in Lehigh County Prison, unable to post $500,000 bail.
For the very first time, ArtsQuest organizers are teaming up with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix in Allentown for a fundraising event that's sure to get engines running.Read More »
- Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Season ends for Lehigh men's lacrosse in Patriot League quarterfinals
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Updated Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app
- A little rain this morning; otherwise mostly cloudy and turning milder today
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Updated Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request