SOUTH WHITEHALL TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A tractor-trailer flipped on its side and its driver was trapped inside at the Allentown service plaza of Pennsylvania Turnpike late Friday afternoon.
The truck was on the northbound ramp leading into the service plaza.
The northbound entrance to the service plaza was closed for about an hour.
At 5:30 p.m. Friday, a turnpike spokeswoman said the entrance had reopened.
She said the unidentified driver had been removed from the cab and was taken to a hospital, but did not know how seriously he was injured.
The truck had been set back up and a small amount of fuel was cleaned up.
Judge James Knoll Gardner died on Wednesday at his home.Read More »
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- Updated Fund established for family of fallen Delaware trooper
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges