UPPER MT. BETHEL TWP., Pa. - Crews are responding to a train derailment in Upper Mount Bethel Township, Northampton County.
Emergency communications officials said six train cars carrying sand derailed around 4:30 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Slateford Road.
No injuries were reported, according to emergency officials.
We're told the train's engine did not derail.
Officials said Slateford Road remains open while crews clean up.
69 News has sent a crew to the scene.
Stay with 69 News and WFMZ.com for updates on this story as they become available.
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Updated Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley