TREXLERTOWN, Pa. - A Lehigh Valley woman celebrated her 101st birthday Friday.
Beatrice Jean Silva celebrated the occasion with family and friends at the Mosser Nursing Home in Trexlertown, Lehigh Co.
Beatrice is a huge New York Yankees fan, so she was thrilled one of her presents was a poster of Derek Jeter.
So where does Beatrice get all of her energy? She's only willing to give out part of the answer.
"I don't know. It was inherited from somebody. I ain't telling," she said.
Beatrice celebrated her 100th birthday last year with a party at Yankee Stadium.
Memories are all that remain of a 600-year-old white oak tree that was believed to be among the oldest of its kind in the nation.Read More »
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Updated U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming