LOWER SAUCON TWP., Pa. - A Monroe County man is facing charges after police say he punched another truck driver at a Northampton County landfill.
The incident happened around 1:30 p.m. Friday at the IESI Landfill, located at 2335 Applebutter Road in Lower Saucon Township.
Police said 44-year-old Danny Mohammed of 1005 Staghorn Road in Stroudsburg reportedly punched another tractor trailer driver in the head, and the blow caused the victim to fall straight back onto the asphalt. The victim briefly lost consciousness.
Before police arrived on the scene, the victim had gotten out of his tractor trailer and walked toward Mohammed to ask why he had passed him on the right to cut ahead in the weigh station line, according to a police report.
At this point, Mohammed got out of his cab and allegedly hit the victim.
Police took Mohammed into custody, and he was charged with simple assault and harassment.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic