SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A truck driver has been charged with damaging a bridge in Lehigh County.
Officials say Robert Wolkowicz, 48, of Coopersburg, turned himself in to police Thursday.
Investigators say Wolkowicz drove his fuel tanker over the bridge on Wehr Mill Road in South Whitehall Township on July 25th.
Officials say the truck was 56,360 lbs. over the posted weight restrictions, and the bridge was damaged.
Wolkowicz is charged with criminal mischief, a third-degree felony. He's also facing a fine of more than $16,000.
The bridge remains closed to traffic.
- Updated Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society