UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - A truck fire closed Grim Road at the intersection with Route 222 in Upper Macungie Township for about an hour late Tuesday morning.
Thirty-four-year-old Pedro Colon-Santiago of Reading was driving the tractor-trailer southbound on Route 222 shortly before 11:30 a.m. when he observed flames through the window of the passenger side door.
The driver pulled onto Grim Road and got out of the truck, which was fully engulfed before firefighters arrived from the Trexlertown, Upper Macungie and Fogelsville fire departments.
Grim Road was closed for 45 minutes to an hour, according to Upper Macungie Township police.
The entire 1999 Freightliner truck had major fire damage. The 2001 Wabash trailer it was pulling had minor damage to its front end.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival