A truck driver accused of causing a violent and deadly crash in Northampton County is heading to trial.
Robert Gawne waived his preliminary hearing Monday morning.
Gawne, 55, of Allentown, was driving his tractor trailer on Interstate 78 in Williams Township in January when he lost control as he approached the toll plaza, investigators said.
Officials said the truck went airborne, landed on a car and crashed into a toll booth before bursting into flames.
The man in the car, Daniel Murphy, of Hackettstown, was killed.
Gawne told police he fell asleep at the wheel.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley