A truck driver accused of causing a violent and deadly crash in Northampton County is heading to trial.
Robert Gawne waived his preliminary hearing Monday morning.
Gawne, 55, of Allentown, was driving his tractor trailer on Interstate 78 in Williams Township in January when he lost control as he approached the toll plaza, investigators said.
Officials said the truck went airborne, landed on a car and crashed into a toll booth before bursting into flames.
The man in the car, Daniel Murphy, of Hackettstown, was killed.
Gawne told police he fell asleep at the wheel.
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Nazareth and Easton girls set up all-EPC District final
- Pottsville, East Stroudsburg North to play for 5A title
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store
- Pending home sales down nationally, but up in the Lehigh Valley
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Christie set to unveil final budget proposal as governor
- Updated Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- New Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Life Lessons: Does your body language say you are leadership material?
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race