ALLENTOWN, Pa. - With this warmer weather, many people want to get out and garden, but if you don't have a lot of room for plants there are ways to still get your flower fix.
Experts at Home Depot in Allentown say there's a new trend of "yard-less gardening." Many people are using pots on their patios or porches. All you need is a pot, a plant, the correct soil, and a little TLC of sunlight and water.
You could also make a "flower tower." Home Depots all over the area are having a "Do It Herself" workshop where you can learn how to make one Thursday, April 18th at 6:30pm.
Also popular right now are herb and salsa gardens. For herb gardens, you can do them indoor or outdoor and they don't take up too much room.
You can grow anything from basil to oregano to rosemary, and more!
Home Depot experts say to just snip off a little of the fresh herb, take it in your kitchen, and use it in your cooking. For a salsa garden, you can grow your own tomatoes, peppers, and spices like cilantro.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic