ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Two Allentown residents were arrested for possession of illegal substances with intent to distribute.
Police said 30-year-old Maurice Lucas Tirado and 29-year-old Fransheska Marie Tirado were arrested in their apartment at 1346 W. Chew Street.
Police said they executed a search warrant at the third floor apartment on Thursday using the Allentown Emergency Response Team.
After securing the location they found Maurice and Fransheska Tirado, and a juvenile in the house.
A search of the residence turned up approximately 1.6 grams of a substance suspected to be heroin with a street value of about $500 and five clear knotted bags suspected to be crack cocaine with a street value of $100.
Police also recovered a loaded .45 caliber handgun.
Also strewn around were drug paraphernalia and assorted documents.
Police said Maurice Tirado is a convicted felon.
Both suspects were given their Miranda rights at the apartment.
Maurice admitted to living at the apartment and showed police the location of the heroin and cocaine.
Fransheska said she had only been staying at the address since June but she does not live there.
She admitted to have seen drug sales involving Maurice but said she was not involved in any of the transactions.
She also said the handgun was hers for protection.
Police field-tested the substances which returned positive results for the presence of heroin and cocaine.
The substances were taken to the lab for further testing.
Both suspects were charged with felonies.
- Updated Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Updated PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85