UPPER MACUNGIE TOWNSHIP, Pa. - The Upper Macungie Township Board of Supervisors approved a half dozen modest land development, parking , lot line waiver requests and redevelopment plans from existing businesses and housing developments during Thursday night's meeting.
The Goddard School, Niagara Bottling, Dan's Auto Repair, Ocean Spray and Majestic/Bimbo Bakery, along with housing development Parkland Fields – previously anointed Rabenold Farms – requests were approved by the three-member board. More than half of them were resubmissions or improvements of development plans.
In other business, Vice Chairman Sam Ashmar noted that an auction to liquidate police equipment of the former Berks-Lehigh Regional Police department will be held at 9 a.m. on June 15th at Independence Park in Breinigsville.
Ashmar noted that the auction would be held in two rounds, with the first featuring items for bid to other police departments such as weapons, handcuffs and police cars. The second round would commence following the first round's conclusion and would be open to the public at large, where they could bid on unmarked police cars, handguns, desks and other items. The public is invited to attend both rounds.
The BLRP was replaced at the end of 2012 by the Upper Macungie Township Police Department.
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- NJ Gov. Christie compares opioid drug crisis to AIDS epidemic
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- King Nahh comes to Northampton Area Middle School
- Does financial regulation hurt small banks?
- Health Beat: Achilles rupture: Are you at risk?
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in