UPPER MILFORD TWP., Pa. - Four properties were added to Upper Milford Township's Agricultural Security Area Thursday evening.
Both the Township Planning Commission and the Township Agricultural Security Advisory Committee reviewed the requests and sent recommendations to the township.
The four properties added are:
6220 Vera Cruz Road, 6060 German Road, 5482 Chestnut Street and 5546 Chestnut Street.
Adding land to the Agricultural Security Area officially designates the land as an agricultural district.
During the workshop portion of the meeting, the board discussed a draft of the township's 2017 budget. The proposed budget contains no tax increase.
The only major changes, according to Supervisor Daniel DeLong, are an increase in the Street Light Fund and the Fire Hydrant Fund.
The Emmaus Library reported on its search for a new director. Krista Pegnetter, who started in July of 2014, announced she will retire at the end of October. The Board of Trustees is currently looking for a replacement.
The Civic Theatre in Allentown is getting ready for its next act.Read More »
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Updated Fund established for family of fallen Delaware trooper
- New I-80 WB closed due to an ATV and car wreck
- Updated Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Updated Health Beat: Alzheimer's or something else?
- Updated Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting