BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Police arrested Andy Diaz, wanted for a March shooting in south Bethlehem, Thursday evening in Bethlehem.
Diaz went to his girlfriend's house Thursday and took their one-year-old baby, according to Bethlehem Police Chief Mark DiLuzio.
She called police and a description of his car was issued.
An officer located Diaz in the 200 block of East Third Street in Bethlehem.
Diaz then barricaded himself in an apartment in that block with the baby.
Diaz came out of the apartment, with the help of a crisis negotiator, after a half hour.
Diaz is currently in custody and will be arraigned on attempted homicide charges from the March shooting.
Diaz had been wanted since March 2 for allegedly shooting an unnamed person in an extremity after a fight escalated in the 300 block of South New Street.
DiLuzio was unsure if additional charges will be added against Diaz from his actions Thursday.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Police make arrest in deadly Palmer Twp. shooting
- Updated Near-record warmth again today
- City of Reading receives FBI subpoena for documents
- Life Lessons: End of life start ups
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Rt. 100 in Bally Borough
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Thursday's record-breaking warmth in Allentown