Wegmans is hoping you'll "raise a glass" to its new endeavor.
The store's Allentown location at 3900 Tilghman Street is showing off part of its much anticipated expansion.
The market cafe section of Wegmans' new 15,000- square-foot expansion includes a huge beer section and also a pub, which won't be open until June.
But those we spoke to say what is open definitely hits the "wow" factor.
"It's pretty extensive. It was shocking to walk in and see everything. I think it's set up nice," customer Paige Garrett said.
Wegmans is taking the grocery store experience to a whole new level.
"I would never thought a combo supermarket, restaurant, hangout place but I think Wegmans is on to something," customer Kim Owens said.
What Wegmans' Allentown store is on to is a 15,000 square foot expansion. That includes a lodge-like Timber room complete with fireplace, an expanded beer section, that boosts its brands from 700 to 1200, outdoor seating for 60 set for an April opening and a 400 person pub slated to be open this June.
"Came walking in and doors where normally come in where blocked. Got some sushi to a walk to see what's going on. It's impressive," Dan Kendra said.
For Wegmans it's a highly anticipated debut of phase one of a project that broke ground a year ago.
"Our goal of the addition is to give our customers more space, more comfort when they are dining," Wegmans manager Mike Kier said.
In addition to more space, Wegmans says the project allows them to add 50 new jobs.
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium