WHTIEHALL TWP., Pa. - Economic development was discussed in Lehigh County Thursday afternoon.
The Whitehall Area Chamber of Commerce hosted a question and answer session during its luncheon.
Members of the public were able to ask questions about topics including taxes and the county budget.
Lehigh County Commissioner Brad Osborne said the commissioners are taking an active look at how the county government can assist the business community in achieving its objectives.
"And we can do that by making sure that we provide quality of life opportunities and also assist them in recruiting businesses from outside even as we grow our own businesses from inside the county," Osborne said.
The chamber also discussed the governance of the county and the best use of tax dollars.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic