READING, Pa. - Two brothers charged in connection with a double homicide in Berks County and the torturing and killing of a woman in Lehigh County are heading to trial.
Michael Wilkins and his brother, Maurice Wilkins, were in court in Reading on Friday for a preliminary hearing.
The two men, authorities said, shot and killed Rafael Alequin and Dario McLemore in December in the 1100 block of Franklin Street in Reading. The motive, police said, was a bogus drug deal.
The brothers then attacked and tortured Jennifer Velez Negron after she witnessed the double homicide, officials said. Her body was found along a road in Salisbury Twp., Lehigh Co.
Memories are all that remain of a 600-year-old white oak tree that was believed to be among the oldest of its kind in the nation.Read More »
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Updated U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming