SOUTH HEIDELBERG TWP., Pa. - Police are on the hunt for a second inmate to make a daring escape from a corrections center in Berks County this week.
William Martin Davis made his break for freedom through a fire door at the Wernersville Community Corrections Center shortly before 9 p.m. Monday, state police said.
Davis, 35, of Allentown, was incarcerated at the center in South Heidelberg Township on criminal conspiracy charges.
Davis is described as a black man who stands 5 feet, 8 inches tall and has brown eyes and black hair. His last known address is 505 S. Ellsworth St. in Allentown.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call the Pennsylvania State Police in Reading at 610-378-4011 or, to remain anonymous, Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. The Crime Stoppers group is offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to his arrest.
Davis is the second WCCC inmate to escape this week, police said. Ramon Antonio Beachy got away from the center Sunday night by jumping over a railing on a flight of stairs, running through an outdoor courtyard and climbing over a fence, police said.
Beachy, 28, of Lancaster, turned himself in to authorities at a prison in Lancaster County the next day.
An event with plenty of heart raised money for the American Heart Association Saturday night.Read More »
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities