A Northampton County borough official is heading to trial on theft charges.
Wilson borough clerk Lisa Guth waived her preliminary hearing Thursday morning.
Police said they questioned Guth after discovering a number of discrepancies on several residential sewer bills.
Officials said $2,600 was missing, and they said Guth later admitted to taking the money.
She's been on administrative leave since June.
- Updated Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Updated PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85