WILSON, Pa. - Parents in the Wilson Area School District in Northampton County will have a new way of accessing their children's grades and other information this year.
The Wilson Area School Board got a preview Monday night of this new system, known as the Parent Portal.
"I think of it as a one-stop shop because they have all their information on one page," said Garry Musselman, the district's technology director.
Parent Portal will allow parents to not only see how their kids are doing in a particular class, but to see when that class is scheduled.
They can monitor the school meal plan, see what activities their child is involved in, and even find out whether or not their students have gotten a detention.
Musselman said parents will receive a letter with temporary log-in information allowing them to access the system.
Also Monday, Superintendent Doug Wagner said teachers are preparing for the start of school, scheduled for Mon., Aug. 25.
The board will meet again Mon., Sept. 15.
An event with plenty of heart raised money for the American Heart Association Saturday night.Read More »
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Updated Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities