Tonight: Some snow, could be heavy at times; poor travel/blowing snow. Total accumulations (see map for details) Low: 26
Saturday: Clouds/flurries early, then some sunshine and windy (areas of blowing snow). High: 29 Low: 10
***Winter Storm Warning into early Saturday morning***
Winter Weather Advisory for Berks, Chester, Montgomery counties
After seeing a rain/drizzle, sleet, wet, non-accumulating snow during the day Friday, colder air is filtering down in to our area, allowing the moisture to switch over the all snow.
Clearly, the northern branch storm remained a feature most of the day, not allowing phasing of the storms. Watching where the western flank sets up, this will ultimately determine our total accumulations (depending how long the western edge stays over our area). If it moves along quickly, our totals will be limited.
Right now, we continue to think we could see one to three inches of snow south and west, three to six inches for the central parts of the region and six to 12 inches north and east.
The snow will likely end between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Saturday as drier air moves in for the weekend. The wind will blow the snow around on Saturday.18276022
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery