ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A woman accused of fatally stabbing her grandfather and then fleeing to New York is back in Lehigh County to face charges.
Chene Angelique Mejias was committed to the Lehigh County Prison without bail.
Mejias, 21, is facing criminal homicide charges in connection with the stabbing death of her 65-year-old grandfather, Wilson Mejias, which happened on March 10 in the apartment they shared at 841 S. 12th St. in Allentown.
A preliminary hearing is set for April 7.
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Updated Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley