EMMAUS, Pa. - A Lehigh County woman is facing assault charges after police said she stabbed a man during an argument early Saturday.
According to court documents, 45-year-old Alisa Becky Ortiz was arguing with Mark Lipyanic around 1 a.m. Saturday, when she allegedly stabbed him in the abdomen with a large knife.
When police arrived on the scene, the door to the apartment at 16 S. 10th Street in Emmaus was standing open, and they saw Ortiz inside, holding a large, blood-covered knife in her right hand, police said.
Another man --identified as Kenneth Shumate-- was also seen inside the apartment, trying to stop Ortiz, police said.
Lipyanic had multiple defenisve wounds to his hands and a large laceration to his abdomen, all of which were bleeding profusely, police said, and he also had internal injuries.
Shumate also told police that after an argument between Lipyanic and Ortiz, she ran at Lipiyanic with a knife, and Shumate grabbed the knife to prevent her from getting to Lipyanic.
Shumate had a laceration to his left hand. Both men were taken to the hospital for treatment.
Ortiz was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of simple assault.
She was committed to Lehigh County Prison under $100,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for May 5 at 10 a.m.
Memories are all that remain of a 600-year-old white oak tree that was believed to be among the oldest of its kind in the nation.Read More »
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Updated U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming