ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A woman was killed Wednesday morning after being hit by a vehicle in Allentown.
Police said the accident happened around 7:30 a.m. at Alton Avenue and Oxford Drive.
According to police, the woman, who was in her 70s, was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest in Salisbury Township, where she was pronounced dead.
Reconstruction officers are investigating, but at this time it appears to be an unfortunate accident, police said.
The woman's name has not been released.
- HS Boys Volleyball: Parkland sweeps Liberty
- Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown
- Conservation Fund hopes to buy 3,300 acres of land in Lehigh, Northampton counties
- New Allentown police chief says focus will be community engagement
- Police: Man passed out on heroin in McDonald's bathroom
- Updated Standing-room-only crowd wants Troxell to be next Phillipsburg School District superintendent
- Berks executive convicted of stealing from company to be sentenced
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- BASD seeks several grants
- Berks man arrested in local check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Periods of rain or drizzle today; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned In legal battle