A Forks Township woman is counting down the days 'til her birthday through kindness!
It may not look like it, but Kristine Ortiz and her kids are at her "birthday party."
"The idea was, I'm turning 45, and instead of having some crazy party and gifts that I would do an act of kindness every day," said Ortiz. "It doesn't have to be some crazy thing. Feeding parking meters, bringing in your neighbor's garbage cans, bringing flowers to someone not feeling well."
Even something as simple as a penny can go a long way when it comes to bringing a smile to someone's face and maybe even making their dreams come true.
"I just got a bunch of pennies and put them in a jar and free wishes," said Ortiz. She left that jar of pennies near a fountain.
"I think she's a very heart-ful person; that was a very beautiful thing to do," said Kim Wigfall.
Kristine is hoping her nice acts lead the way. She's using social media to encourage people around the world to "do good to feel good," which is the name of her birthday mission.
"I'm not recreating the wheel here," Ortiz said. "People do acts of kindness all the time. I think for me, it's just being aware and thinking every day, 'wow, I can just be conscious of doing something kind for someone else'."
So the big question is will Kristine "throw away" this idea after her birthday on August 14th?
"I think it's going to be hard to stop doing -- which is the point," she said. "I think it's just a lifetime journey and I want my kids to see my experience, my family, friends, and I hope they continue to be a little more aware."
You can follow the movement on Twitter: @DoGood2FeelGood and #DoGood2FeelGood
Basilio Bonilla Jr. is getting his campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner underway.Read More »
- Mini-THON held at Allentown charter school
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies